Dr. Aaron F. Newton is a fellowship trained orthopaedic sports surgeon who joined Saltzer Health in July 2020 from Astria Health in Yakima, Wash.
He completed his fellowship in orthopedic surgery-sports medicine at the University of Minnesota, where he received specialized training in arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery and provided care for professional and college athletes with the Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Wild, University of Minnesota football/wrestling teams.
During his residency at St. John Providence Health System Macomb-Oakland in Michigan, he was named orthopaedic resident of the year, 2018.
Areas of Specialty:
- Shoulder injuries, Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Surgery, Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization, Shoulder Replacement
- Knee Injuries, Knee Joint Preservation Surgery (Cartilage Cell Transplantation, Fresh Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation), Meniscal Repair, Knee Replacement
- Fellowship – University of Minnesota, TRIA Orthopaedic Center, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Residency – St. John Providence Health System Macomb-Oakland, Madison Heights, Mich., and Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Statewide Campus System.
- Medical School — Des Moines University, Des Moines, Iowa. Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Undergraduate — University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Physiology, minor in chemistry